Tips: Våre kunnskapssider
Forfatteren av Den Store Kaninboka, Marit Emilie Buseth, som var med på å starte kanin.org og fortsatt er en viktig drivkraft bak nettstedet, mener forumet har vært viktig for å øke kaniners velferd. Hennes neste bok, Rabbit Behaviour, Husbandry & Welfare, utgis i 2013.

Du kan besøke bloggen hennes her.

Travel with rabbits (Flight). Help.

Innlegg som ikke passer i de andre kategoriene

Travel with rabbits (Flight). Help.

Innlegg r9ronaldao 17 Sep 2015, 13:14

Hi, I live in Norway but I travel once or twice a year to my country, Spain.
Usually, I spend 2 weeks when travelling so I don't want to leave my rabbit here in Norway, so maybe you can help me with some questions (sorry if they are already answered in another topic, I don't understand norwegian very well).

- What kind of documents they need to travel abroad?
- Do they need a special shot before travelling or is it ok with the 2 annual shots?
- Do you know if Norwegian allows pets into the cabin?

As I supose, if my rabbit is norwegian, it should not be a problem to came back to Norway after my christmas vacations, as long as the documentation is going to be issued in Norway.

Thank you very much and sorry for the english...
r9ronaldao

Re: Travel with rabbits (Flight). Help.

Innlegg ZakuraRabbit 17 Sep 2015, 15:04

I'm not sure about bringing a rabbit to Spain, but I'm afraid if you bring it there you will not be allowed to bring it back.
Norway don't have many infectious diseases for rabbits like Myxi, thus they're not being vaccinated for it, in fact its not legal to import vaccinated rabbits as they could carry the disease.
Not to mention bringing a rabbit on a plane would be very stressful, no matter where it is in the plane, and it'd probably be better for the rabbit to just leave it at home instead of taking it on a two-week vacation where it has to spend hours on a plane.
Hanne Aune
Brukerens avatar
ZakuraRabbit
Etablert bruker

Innlegg r9ronaldao 04 Nov 2015, 20:02

[quote="ZakuraRabbit"][/quote]

Thank you very much for answering.
I was struggling for more than a month, I have sent mails to the embassy and you were right, apparently I am not be able to bring the rabbit back to Norway after my holidays.

So now I am wondering, because I have seen some Dyrepensjonat, but at least all I have seen is only for cats and dogs in their websites.
Do you know a place like that for rabbits? Because it will help to have a place to leave it for some days. But of course needs to be someone used to deal with rabbits, otherwise they can be stressed surrounded by other animals and stuff.

Thank you very much in advance, sincerely.
r9ronaldao

Innlegg ZakuraRabbit 04 Nov 2015, 23:25

I know they do exist...not entirely sure where though...
The best option would be if you had any friends or relatives who could look after the rabbit where they live, so they won't be stressed out by travelling to a new place.
Hanne Aune
Brukerens avatar
ZakuraRabbit
Etablert bruker

Gå til Generelt kaninforum

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Google [Bot] og 3 gjester